BANNER PLACEMENT AVAILABLE

BANNER PLACEMENT AVAILABLE
AVAILABLE BANNER SPACE

Friday, August 31, 2012

Book Review: Ramshackle Castle by K.A. M'Lady

Romance Reviews Submitted by Authors Proudly Presents


Written by K.A. M’Lady
Published by MojoCastle Press
       Contemporary Poetry      

40 Pages



Ramshackle Castle—Book Synopsis


Come, walk the night road through your memory of childhood fairy tales, limericks, ghostly apparitions and the lingering breath of classic poetry gone awry. At the Castle, magick and mayhem are a lyrical delight spun with fairy dust. It may at times be dark, dusty and a bit bent but every word is a glamorous enchantment.


  

Ramshackle Castle is a collection of bent, altered and otherwise skewed verses and poems. K.A. M’Lady’s works take on a range of emotion, from comical, morose, sad, and dramatic. Admittedly, I was a bit daunted by the task of reviewing a book of “bent” and “altered” verses. It isn’t every day that you sit down to read such pieces, but after delving in, I was, first and foremost, relieved that I knew the inspiration of many of the verses and poems! I’ll admit, I felt a bit intelligent for this fact alone. Secondly, I loved reading the twisted, melancholy, and oft times humorous, words of K.A. M’Lady. What an adventure!

Let’s start by saying, she’s paid homage to the likes of Frost and Poe, and that bodes well for her in my opinion! I grew up reading both, and to see their works twisted was entertaining to be certain. One of my favorite poems was a rendition of Robert Frost’s Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. I have very vivid memories of singing a madrigal piece set to this Frost poem. As I was reading M’Lady’s version, Another Dumb Ass Lost in the Snow, I was rolling in laughter. All I could think of was this somber and moody musical piece set to M’Lady’s comical rendition of Frost’s words. She had me at “Thank God my car has not a brain.”

M’Lady is quite obviously gifted in verse and poetry, and for that, my hat’s off to her. She has taken an interesting approach to the collection, and it is very much worth the read. There is such a broad range of poems and writings in Ramshackle Castle that you are sure to find something that will bring a tear to your eye or a laugh to your day.
I can’t wait to read more from K.A. M’Lady.

  
~Reviewed by Author Elizabeth Finn~


Elizabeth Finn is a contemporary erotic romance author with three upcoming releases. Visit her at ElizabethFinn.WordPress.com to find out more about what she’s up to or email her at ElizabethFinn77@gmail.com – she’d love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth - thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the verse. Poetry has always been my first love and fairytales second. And I do have a bit off sense of humor so it's nice to mix things up a bit.

    Blessings ~ K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the review, ladies. Congratulations for another fantastic work of fiction, K!

    Destiny Blaine

    ReplyDelete